On Friday, April 26th, 2013, the inaugural Art of Turntables Preservation Society DJ event was held in Philadelphia during the world renowned, 119th annual Penn Relays weekend, drawing a crowd of over 300 people. An international audience of music lovers came to appreciate the art and culture of turntablism and DJing, as spun by some of the planet’s greatest party rockers. This event was created to highlight the accomplishments of DJs, to cultivate and preserve the art form (a tool for artistic and musical expression) and to help ensure that pioneering DJs receive proper recognition for their global accomplishments to music history.
Art of Turntables was hosted by legendary emcee and radio host Monie Love, and the lineup of DJs was astronomical in terms of their historical accomplishments:
DJ CASH MONEY:
- 1988 DMC World Champion
- First Inductee Into Technics DJ Hall Of Fame
- 1987 New Music Seminar Supermen DJ Battle Champion
- Grammy Award Winning Member Of Salt N Pepa
- Over 15 million albums sold worldwide
- Rock Steady Crew
- Zulu Nation
- Alumni Advisor Of Cornell University’s Hip-Hop Collection
- Master Of The Mix Season 1 Contestant
- Founder Of Jump N Funk (America’s Original And Longest Running Fela Kuti Tribute Party)
VisualEyz was asked to become a resident fixture for Art of Turntables. Through pre- and postproduction efforts, including graphic design and motion graphics, we’ve assisted the Preservation Society in designing, packaging and presenting its product, as well as help audience members gain a better understanding of how turntablists actually perform their craft, integrating live video feeds at the event. VisualEyz has helped Art of Turntables to increase their bookings and become recognized by even more world class DJs interested to know more about the Preservation Society.